Tascam RC-71 Remote Control

quiberon

Can anyone tell me the specs for the cable entry grommet on the body of the RC-71 please? I need to replace a missing one.

It baffles me how the RC-71 looses that strain-relief grommet, but out of the three RC-71s I've owned, two were lacking that part.

This is what I've used in both cases as a replacement part...hopefully this will help you in your search...it's a *little snug* of a fit, but it fits, is functionally effective, and looks similar to the factory part in the end:

IMG_7046.JPG

IMG_6963.JPG

Thanks for that.

The RC-71 is a recent purchase from eBay UK. It has no strain relief, but the cable is wrapped with gaffer tape inside the unit to stop it being pulled out.

We have Mouser in the UK, they stock them but, shipping charges are £12.00. A bit much just to purchase a couple of them.

We have Maplin Electronics in the UK also, where I am we have three stores. I searched for "cable strain relief" and it came back with one hit, stating "last few available". Fortunately, one of my local stores had two in stock, I purchased them, they look exactly right. There is a code on them; "KSS" & "6R1".

Here is the KSS website page; 0705 KSS Strain Relief Bushing

Think outside the box, check out electrical suppliers that sell conduit, circuit breakers, bulk wire, etc, they may have them.

Alan.

Maybe it's just you trying to help.

Often I'll not thouroughly read something, and offer advice for something already taken care of.
:D

Or, you might compose a post right when another is doing the same and never notice the new post that ends of preceding yours.

Finally got around to fitting the new strain relief today.

Perfect fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_190037.jpg
    IMG_20161027_190037.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 4
Back