TASCAM MSR 16 for sale

opriddy

I've got a Tascam MSR 16 1/2" Reel to Reel machine I'm thinking of selling. The sixteenth track does not play back signal. What's a fair price to ask for it? I was thinking $600.

I don't believe Prepal.Find me a Leslie 147 for "$352",or a OB8 for $941.And who's going to pay $974 for a Tascam Dm-24?

The prices are based on averages with up or down trends.

In order to have an average you have to count the low ball deals in with the rip offs.

life/

Cheers! :)

What do you think would be a more appropriate price to ask? I could come down some, but considering what it costs to have these machines worked on or even to replace a single component on one of them, none of the prices I ever see them listed at really make any sense to me. Seems like the only people I run across who are interested in owning a machine like this are guys who don't have any money. BTW, thanks for the input, everybody. My wife just had a baby last week, so I forgot to follow up on this thread until now.

Track 16 on these machines was often used as a time code track and the NR was ables to be bypassed on 16 only, so the problem could be within the bypass circuit?

Alan.

Back