Tascam mixers

Good Friend

Is there a noticable difference between the sound quality of the 200, 300, and 500 series mixers? Could a normal person hear the difference or would you have to listen very close? What is this difference? What should i be listening for in the audio signal? I know this might sound like some beginner questions, but i have an m30 and im thinking about moving up to something with 16 channels. I briefly had an m216 for awhile a year ago and i remember thinking it sounded pretty nice and unharsh, but i only had it briefly and my ears are not nearly experienced enough for me to have a ton of confidence in my opinion.

Let me go out on a limb, here, & say...

I think the differences between the 200, 300 & 500 Series Tascam mixers would be largely in features more than specific differences in the raw sound quality of each mixer.

With that being said,... I do believe that a more refined or advanced feature set on a mixer would enable you to tweak or fine tune your sound to a higher degree, which one would hope would then translate into better overall mixed sound & ultimately into better recordings.

You're welcome.;)

Back