Tascam Midiizer MTS-1000 cables

EDAN

Hi,

Question about these cables.

Selling my Tascam MTS-1000. I only used it as a remote because I could not locate an RC-408 at the time so I don't know much about it. Two cables came with it, one is skinny and looks to be the stock cable as I've seen the same one on ebay along with some MTS-1000 auctions, This is the cable I connect to my TSR-8, However there is a much thicker gray cable that came with it as well. What is this cable for? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Edan

Ps. I just noticed there is a piece of tape on the cable marked "L-Slave"

Last edited:
Does it have the same 15-pin D-SUB connectors on it. You might just have two different brands of cables... maybe one an original TASCAM and the other DIY.

:)

Yes, same 15 pin connectors. I guess they are the same thing? Is it worth it to put one on ebay or not? Are people looking for these?

Thanks
Edan

Offering both cables with the MTS-1000 auction may get you a better price overall, plus you would be making it easier for someone wanting to sync two TASCAM machines. They will need two cables.

The cables are hard to find and few people know how to make them... there is a trick to it. They are expensive to buy, but a lot of people don’t know that, so you may not get anywhere near what they are worth alone. There is only one place I know of that sells them now… about $200.00 a piece last time I looked.

My guess is most people looking for an MTS-1000 will want to link two decks. Otherwise the MIDIizer is overkill. I used to have one. When I sold it I threw in both cables.

I have two spare stock ACC2 cables myself… I just haven’t had the heart to give them away on eBay. I will probably get around to letting them go eventually since I can’t use them anymore.

:)

Thanks a lot, I already have a sale so I guess I'll just give him both cables as long as they are needed. Like I said, I was only using it for the remote function.

Thanks again.

Edan

Back