Tascam M600's simplest form!

ron-e-g

Brought this Console home last Thurs. Cables everywhere D-sub's, TT patch bay's Buttons, knobs, sliders, Lights...well you get the idea!

I can't get one mic. signal through the thing to register on a meter, or through the phones! And...no manual. Yet.

Anyone actually own one here, and might could tell me how to get a signal through? In the simplest flow.

Thanks,

Ron

Have you contacted TASCAM about the manual(s)?

Any luck on getting a signal through yet?

Not many M600 owners here these days. Used to be one member here, Jake Owa, who had an M-600 and an ATR60-16. He sold them a few years back due to financial difficulties. Plus he doesn't hang out here much any more but you could try PM'ing him.

Cheers! :)

Yea. Tried them couple of days ago. Got the business hours, pre -recording. Figured I'd try next week,
(Holidays and all):confused:

I called; 323-727-4840

Thanks Ghost.

Hello Ron,

M-600 owner here.
How can I help?
Patchbay wired up ? or short load it to get some signal through the console.
Manual is a must. $30 from Tascam.

Gary

Ron,

Inflation.Got the PM
If the patchbay isn't wired yet you can bridge the channel,pgm bus inserts with the short dsub cables.
That will get you signal at the headphone jack.
Post some pics .Should be able to get her all cabled up before the manual arrives.

Gary

Not at all. I could supply some better one's if needed. I have the maple, meter penthouse cover removed in these.

Excellent!

If you've got additional images or want to take some more with the top dress panel, go for it! And post them here in this thread.

Also, if you are going to take additional pics, try to get the entire mixer into the shot without any cut off corners. Your first shot was a nice angle and nicely lit but the right front corner of the desk was clipped out of the shot. If not, that's not a problem as I can rebuild the missing corner in Photoshop.

More Pic's of M600 Console

Wow that "Old beast" looks pretty good.
Just saw a problem in the pictures. I'll post some new ones tomorrow.

Attachments

• SANY0164.JPG
    SANY0164.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 101
  • SANY0165.JPG
    SANY0165.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • SANY0166.JPG
    SANY0166.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • SANY0167.JPG
    SANY0167.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • SANY0168.JPG
    SANY0168.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Pictures M600

OK here are some more pictures of my M600. This time All the faders leveled! Gheese!!

SANY0170.JPGSANY0172.JPGSANY0173.JPGSANY0169.JPGSANY0171.JPGSANY0174.JPGSANY0175.JPGSANY0176.JPGSANY0177.JPGSANY0178.JPGSANY0179.JPGSANY0180.JPG

That's it! Hope these will do. Ghost. Can't wait to get a wallpaper!! Now if I could only get Buss 1-8 working!:eek:

Those look really nice Ron! :)

I'll see what I can do with those as time allows.

I've posted a few already in the wallpaper thread that you can use for now.

Patchbay layout

I've got the patchbays connected as follows. I still don't get a signal through a condenser Mic. to any XLR inputs on the rear of the board. I do have the phantom power switch engaged. I also don't know exactly what to do with the two fold-back cables hanging from PB # 1 and I don't know exactly what to do with the D-sub connectors located under the XLR's on the right rear of the board.

Patchbay Layout.jpg

Any guidance much appreciated. BTW when I activate the on-board tone generator I now get signal to all 16 VU.s on both the console and Ms-16. Hurray!

Ron

Last edited:
Ron,

The cables go to PB#3 MTR OUT. top row above TAPE RETURN.
It's a split monitor out so you can send tape returns to the input channels for remixing.
At least that how it works on my M600.

Hope that helps

Gary

Thanks Gary. That would be the one hanging on the left goes to MTR 9-16 and the the one on hanging from the right to MTR 1-8 ?

Ron,

Yes, if your looking at the back of PB#1.Just bring the cable from PB#1 MTR1-8 hole 3 down to PB#3 MTR1-8 dsub and
cable from PB#1 MTR9-16 hole 4 to PB#3 MTR9-16 dsub.

Gary

Back