Tascam M600's simplest form!

Ron,

If the patchbay is cabled correctly you should get signal at the headphones.Any other dsub cables hanging that are not
connected?

Gary

I had the ins. receive 1-8 disconnected! I finally have sound. I must have everything right now. So, it's off to organize all the cables, and do a ton of checks.

Thanks Gary, for your help and guidance.

Ron

So, I'm making progress. One thing is This board has only one Master fader. I thought at first that both R/L were connected. When I engage the master select switch in the monitor section, only one side is audible in the cans. Also, The inputs are marked 25-32/1-24 in that order on the back. The (front) is marked 1-32. That can't be right...can it?

Ron

Ron,

The board was shipped from the factory as a 24 channel and at some point fitted with the extra 8 channels.
This is normal as per manual.
I noticed in your pics you was missing something red.
All faders are the same part# so you could pull one from another channel for a temporary fix til you get a new one.

Keep us posted.

Gary

Ron,

That looks like a dual mono(stereo) fader to me.Not original in that spot.Seems somebody modded it I guess.
I have some #608ST stereo fader modules in my console so I'll have a look to see it's the same.
Now you need 2 "new" faders.

Gary

Ron,

Had a look and #701M-10KDX2 on my stereo fader in the stereo input channels.
Looks like you need two "new" ones. Stereo fader will work if wired correctly,maybe bad connection/solder joint
duct tape came loose.

Keep us posted

Gary

Ron,

Had a look and #701M-10KDX2 on my stereo fader in the stereo input channels.
Looks like you need two "new" ones. Stereo fader will work if wired correctly,maybe bad connection/solder joint
duct tape came loose.

Keep us posted

Gary

Well I'm guessing yours or and mine had/has two #701M-10KDX2's for the r/l master. Mine only has the one. It looks to me, as if they removed the right one, and added the splice. (Geese duct tape!). My right channel is dead. My thought was, to just add the other module back, or try and find a complete master/effect return fader module.

What do you think?

Ron,

The #701m fader is in my stereo channel module,you don't have that option.My grammar acting up again.
Yes,all 100mm faders on your console are the same part# ,so remove just the stereo fader and swap the two fader module for a four fader module.I believe the faders are ALPS K series so pretty easy to find.

Gary

sasquatch,

Sorry Gary you lost me. I understood from your last post that you have the optional stereo modules. But I'm not clear if your master fader modules are the same as mine. And my master are different than the mono. Having never seen a stereo module, I 'm not sure if they look the same.

I did look-up the ALPS 100 mm fader K-series, but they seem to have different connections than the (one) currently installed in my board..

Honestly, I don't understand what you mean by "swap the two fader module for a four":confused:

Ron,

I confuse myself sometimes.Anyway ignore my last few posts for clarity sake.
Remove that odd master fader with the duct tape on it,doesn't belong there.
All 100mm faders in your console are the same,the channel faders, pgm bus faders, effect return faders, and stereo
master faders.
Just plop two faders from any other channel into the stereo master and your good to go.

Gary

I changed/ exchanged trk. 31 & 32 faders for the masters. Right master, still does not seem to work properly.

Can't figure out, why this was done to the left master.

SANY0183.JPG

Back