Tascam m520 routing help needed!

thanks for clarifying that one. I was a little confused. about that. so... is the best way to solo a track to unlatch the ON control for all other tracks?

Nope, you have a solo button. Push that and all other channels are muted.

Remember, on the far right side of the desk you have a solo volume. If that's turned down you won't hear the soloed channel.

Also the solo function doesn't work in stereo master b.
Its designed that way so you can solo stuff in the control room while people tracking still hear the whole mix.

It would be real distracting should the guitar player doing overdubs all of a sudden hear nothing but the snare drum you just soloed. :D

hijacking this thread. for mixdown. where do you guys set your monitor buss knobs at? i understand panning for 1/2 is panned hard left and right, but what's a good spot for levels? I just cranked it all the way up, but was just wondering if there's any good spots.

the buss masters are set at 7, along with stereo master a, which is where my studio monitors are connected to

Set the monitor levels at whatever is needed for your mix. There isn't a "sweet spot" where the audio quality is better. The only exception to this is noise levels tend to increase exponentially as you approach maximum, so I tend to stay away from the very end of the trim range, but the purpose of the level control is so you can adjust the level to taste, and to interface with your outboard gear. If that means the level control is at 8:00, then so be it. Similarly if that means the control is at 4:00, okay.

Does that help?

TIm not sure if we are all talking about the same thing. But for mixdown I'll assign all input channels to bus 7 & 8.

The smaller faders are still used for controling volume. Stereo A= control room Stereo B= live room headphone mix.

Outputs of 7 & 8 feed the mixdown device.

The 520 doesn't have a dedicated 2 track out or Stereo master fader.

Make sense? I suppose you could use Stereo B for the mixdown in stead of a live room feed. But havent done it.

Back