Tascam M30 no signal passing through

chillward

Hey there so I bought an M30 couple weeks ago all jumpers were missing so I bought some from ebay and used the ones from my 244. Plugged in a microphone and the headphones ANNNNDDD no signal passing through. Opend it up today and everything looks ok as far as I can tell. When I plug in the headphones there is definitley a small hiss which i think is okay. VUs are also doing nothing and overload doesnt blink when all knobs are pushed to the limit. I saw this video on youtube where a guy was explaining the exact problems I have but then it magically got away. He doesnt really explain in the video how it happend bit yet it started to work again.

Has any of you ever experienced something like this with a M30? Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex

So try this for starters: remove a jumper on, say, channel 1, plug in a mic to that channel, and monitor off the SEND jack. Do you have anything there?

Thanks a lot for giving me starting point but I am afraid also there - no signal. Any idea what this could be? I do get again the minimal hiss on the speakers.

And you’re using a dynamic mic plugged into the XLR jack, and then how do you have the RCA SEND jack connected to your speakers? I just want to make sure I have a clear picture of the setup to rule out any connection issues before we dive into other possibilities.

Are you using the "Assign" buttons on the channel strips to route the inputs to the four output channels? Also make sure that the "Mute" buttons on the channel strips are in the up position.

Are you using the "Assign" buttons on the channel strips to route the inputs to the four output channels? Also make sure that the "Mute" buttons on the channel strips are in the up position.

If the OP can’t get signal from a mic at the SEND jack, none of the assign or mute functions matter. That’s the shortest possible signal path from a mic jack. If the OP’s cabling is proper, and the attenuation switch is set properly, my next suggestion is to check the audio power rails are functioning properly and power is reaching the mic amp.

And you’re using a dynamic mic plugged into the XLR jack, and then how do you have the RCA SEND jack connected to your speakers? I just want to make sure I have a clear picture of the setup to rule out any connection issues before we dive into other possibilities.

Sorey for the late replay been on vacation! I am using a AKG C1000 with a 9v battery in it to provide phantom power. Mic should be working since I use it with my 244 all the time. I connected the SEND with a Y cable and tried both the female and male cinch and ran the 3.5 aux to an external speaker box which should also work. Hope I am just doing something wrong here.

Next up i pressed the assign button and tried all 4 of them nothing

You mentioned the power supply for the mic pres. I have no idea how these look like and what to check. Would be very nice if you could get me a little help here :) thanks again sweetbeats!

Back