Tascam accessory cable

Stogie_D

Does anyone here have a Tascam PW-88AC2 cable they can sell?? Needing one to connect a RC848 remote to a MSR16.

Thanks, D.

opps sorry I just realised it's 15 pin to 23 pin, but you can buy these cables so it's worth trying for a few bucks.

Alan.

Actually it's not a 15 to 23 - it's 15 to 15 in size but not all 15 pins are there. There is also a "box" in the cable to combat ground loops. It plugs into the Accessory 2 of the MSR 16, 24 & the 4 & 8 track cassette decks. It's very specific as I now know - after I purchased the RC 848. There is a picture of one here in the forum somewhere. Not a normal serial cable by any means.

Admin feel free to scrap this thread as I was able to purchase a RC416 to run my MSR16 - happy happy joy joy -

You can control basic transport functions through one of the acces.connectors on the back if the Rc-848-I don't remember which one,but the RC-848 manual would tell you, and the acces. connector on the MSR-16. You would still have to fabricate a cable...

You can control basic transport functions through one of the acces.connectors on the back if the Rc-848-I don't remember which one,but the RC-848 manual would tell you, and the acces. connector on the MSR-16. You would still have to fabricate a cable...
The manual suggests it can drive the following machines via Accessory-2: TSR-8, MSR-16, MSR-24, 238, 688, 644, 134, CD601, RC701 and RC601.
Supposedly not all recording functions are available that you'd get from a DA-series deck, but it seems to cover the basics and allow you to arm tracks. Weirdly, some of the higher track arm buttons are repurposed, e.g. track 28 and 29 turn SYNC LOCK (DBX defeat) on and off, 33 and 34 turn ALL INPUT on and off, etc.

https://mpe.berklee.edu/documents/studio/manuals/multitrack/Tascam RC848/Tascam RC848.pdf

Back