Tascam 388 transport switches - are replacements available?

frilyd

(I'm reposting this from the Tascam forum, and will add any answers to that thread)

I am lucky to have a 388 in reasonably good condition, but lately, the rewind button has started acting up. I opened the back cover, removed the transport assembly and desoldered the swithces. As I suspected, the rewind switch didn't engage. I opened and cleaned the switch, but it already seemed clean enough, so I was unable to make it work again.

Ergo, I have to replace at least one switch. But are replacements available? I'd be happy both with drop-in replacements, and something that could be used without changing the outer appearance of the 388. I don't think I'd be able to locate the right switch even with extensive browsing on farnell, ebay or watever. I know that people here, eg. the omnipotent [MENTION=79692]sweetbeats[/MENTION], have disassembled every conceivable part of these machines. Has anybody replaced these switches, and if so: Do you have links to available parts? That is my hope. Thanks in advance!

Back