Tascam 388 For Sale

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
That's life sometimes but I *may* have to sell my beloved TASCAM 388 as I'm moving overseas. It's a decission I was (and still am) going back and forth with but I may need to let go of the 388. It's in the same wonderful condition as I first bought it and posted a thread (with picts) not too long ago:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=156353&highlight=388

Since then, I may have put about 10 hrs on it and always kept it under a lint free cover.

If you're interested shoot me an offer and I'll ultimately decide if it's worth for me to sell it or not. I'm currently in Vancouver, BC Canada and I'm open to local pickups or having it shipped. I will need to crate it tho and packed properly as it is the only safe way to have it sent out. As an alternative, you could arrange your own way of shipping. Hint: shipping may get expensive. ;)

Sigh .. :(

~Daniel

Last edited:
Yikes, that hurts! If I had to make a major move, I'd hope to take my 388 and shed a lot of other gear and possessions. Unless of course its a matter of space where you are going. Still, a 388 takes up a lot less room than all of the separate gear it takes to do the same thing. I'm not trying to convice you to keep it, but since you wanted one so bad and got a nice one, it would sure be a shame to let it go. (did you know you can hang a 388 vertical on a wall??? Its ART!! )
Good luck in whatever decision you make.....

I hate to hear it... like losing one's best gal.

I say find a way to stay in BC just so you can keep the 388. :)

...or you can leave it with or send it to a trusted friend for safe keeping...

You know my address. ;)

Thanks for all your words and support guys. Yeah, it's a tough, tough decission and somebody has to make it :(

Pssst .. Tim ... you're already on my list ;)

PS: I would have offered it to Dave (A Reel Person) too but I don't think he has any more room! :eek: Plus how fair would it be for him to have stock of all 388's in this part of the world!! :D ;)

Thanks guys,

Daniel :)

cjacek said:
... PS: I would have offered it to Dave (A Reel Person) too but I don't think he has any more room! :eek: Plus how fair would it be for him to have stock of all 388's in this part of the world!! :D ;)
...:)

I was gonna say,... you could send it to me, and I'd keep it in safe storage for'ya!;)

Mark7 said:
That's sad :( . Where are you moving to?
From what I understand, it's a top secret assignment from his job working for the International Secret Service. I've sussed out it will be somewhere in your region, and he might have to spend a few nights sleeping on your couch! :eek: ;)

Last edited:
He can have my room and I'll sleep on the couch if he brings the 388. :D

I am over the moon to announce that Daniel and I have just struck a deal on this beauty.. it will be staying in British Columbia and it has found a loving home where it will be enjoyed and well looked after... :D :D :cool:

It just won't be the same not having Daniel and his 388 close by. Now he's only 2288 miles drive for me (35 hours). That's 3682 Km for you commies on the metric system.

See you on the other side bro. :(

Congrats uzizit! :)

Mark,...

I believe Daniel said he's moving to the UK. After all,... "moving overseas" (from BC, Canada) would denote somewhere other than the US,... 'cause last time I checked, the US and Canada were a connected land mass.;)

Yeah,... I don't know much about his personal business,... but I believe he said "overseas" and mentioned the UK,... or maybe Scotland. Is Scotland still part of the UK?

;)

Last edited:
A Reel Person said:
Is Scotland still part of the UK?

For now it is, yes. Or depending how you look at it, The UK is part of Scotland. :D

Attachments

• wallace.jpg
    wallace.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 89
Back