Tascam 388 Reseating Channel Cards Query...

Eral

HI! Just call me major NOOOOOOOOB here.

I am just wondering if there is a Mega-Ultra-Specific spot on the internet where there are instructions on how to reseat the channel cards? Like a video or text plus photo shindig? Thanks in advance!!!!

I FINALLLLY got around to test my machine that I bought for only 100 bux from my roomie in 2078.* I just tested all the channels finally going through the mic inputs and all trax hit the tape except number 2. Playback is crumbly and hella quiet-- i'd rather say virtually non-existent, but we all know how relative that is.
I love fucking around and bringing 4 tracks back to life and this one seems like it'll be pure buckets full of immense joy.

I'm also wondering about suggestions on replacement Knobs and Sliders. I don't really care too much about them being official Tascam (unless I'm told otherwise that I should ABSOLUTELY stick with tascam only parts) especially since I actually bought the machine for only 100 bux* (seriously) and if I bought all the Pan, Trim, Effect Return Pan & level and Monitor Pan and Level Knobs plus Sliders off Ebab, I think I'd be spending upwards of ButtTons of dollars. :facepalm:

So if you open up the back you'll see the big strip that connects all the channel cards. Just disconnect the top card first and go down from there and slowly do the others. Just be gentle and you'll be fine. It's really not a hard thing to to do. Open it up and you'll see what I mean.

Thank You! I've been practicing with my Audio Technica AT RMX64 .... the recorder cards on that one are crammed in there with a butt ton of cables though the mixer cards are easier to fuss with. Will notify on progress when I move to the 388. Thanks for the response!

I did the same thing on my 388. Check these pics. I used some string to help evenly guide the strip out. It takes a little tug but try to be smooth and strong with it.
The reseating them is easy. Just be slow, careful, and try not to snap anything. You should be fine.1.png2.png

Last edited:
Back