Tascam 388 dust lid

drrats

I didn't really want to start a new thread just to request this but I'm having no luck whatsoever. Does anyone have any leads on where to find a 388 dust lid?

Also, how essential is the dust lid? if I was to cover that section with a plastic sheet and then take it off when actually using the machine would that get me by until one comes up? I'm currently servicing my machine so it's not running just yet.

Thanks

I used to have a 388 and correct me if I'm wrong but I recall the lid was just a plexiglass (or maybe real glass) piece that was held together by frame ends that the glass was glued into. (if memory serves me) Short of finding a new one I bet you could remove the glass frame pieces and have a new glass or plexiglass piece cut to fit. No??? Shouldn't cost much at all.

Yeah... Easy to make. I made one a couple years ago and it was a really close match. I actually sent it off to someone who was inquiring about a cover on another forum. Im trying to find the picture I took of it.

Hmm this is good to know, I don't have the frame ends however.. I suppose I can start looking for them also.

Back