Tascam 244 Tracks to Logic

I use a PC and a Focusrite, so it might be slightly different. Usually I only record two tracks (guitar/vocal) on the 244, so I do the RCA outs from the 4 track into the Focusrite. If you're recording on all 4-tracks and want to be able to mix them separately you'll need an RCA to 1/4" cable for each track and then also an interface that accepts 4 (TS) inputs. You could alternatively mix everything in the 4-track, then export the stereo outs into your daw to do any final processing. This will give you little control over each track once in the DAW, but if you only have 2 cables or two inputs it's a way to do it.

I use a PC and a Focusrite, so it might be slightly different. Usually I only record two tracks (guitar/vocal) on the 244, so I do the RCA outs from the 4 track into the Focusrite. If you're recording on all 4-tracks and want to be able to mix them separately you'll need an RCA to 1/4" cable for each track and then also an interface that accepts 4 (TS) inputs. You could alternatively mix everything in the 4-track, then export the stereo outs into your daw to do any final processing. This will give you little control over each track once in the DAW, but if you only have 2 cables or two inputs it's a way to do it.

Cheers, that's what I thought. Thanks again Nola! :)

Back