Tascam 244 recording question

George Adey

I have just bought a basically never used Tascam 244 4 track -

I want to record a click track on track 1 and then I'm unsure about how to go about recording the guitars. I have about 3/4 different guitar tracks I want for this one song. Is it best to record them to separate tracks on the tascam and then get the levels correct and then bounce them to one track? Or is it better to record one guitar part and then keep overdubbing the different guitar parts? My guess would be the first option as with overdubbing you went going to have any control of volume of each part

Hope that makes sense and cheers for any help

Is it best to record them to separate tracks on the tascam and then get the levels correct and then bounce them to one track?

yes. this. Or.. mix them down onto a different device, like a computer.
You are running a little tight on a 4 track with a click.

Yep I might bag the click track! I have logic and a macbook pro but hate using logic as my main way of recording so thats why i bought the 244 for a bit of fun. I will probably just run the tracks out of the 244 into logic and then mix in logic

Instead of a click track, I just use my iphone and a cheap metronome app in some headphones. Works pretty well......

Be careful though with this "mix in logic" idea. That's the way I started out and now I've found I like mixing analog and that ebay really likes me :eek:

Back