Tascam 244 overdub

jahlijah.man

hey guys I just fixed my tascam 244 and finished "recording your first track." now I'm on the overdub part of the manual, and I'm finding that when I try and record track one onto track two it doesn't work at all. it "records" and when I play back it's still on track 1. I followed the directions step by step and feel like an idiot lol. I'm sure it's something simple, let me know if you can shed any light upon this! thankyou :-)

Did you pan channel 1 hard left and pan channel 2 hard right? It took me a few times to get that down......

Um ... Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why are you trying to record track 1 onto track 2? The reason I ask is because that's on overdubbing -- that's track bouncing or "ping ponging."

Overdubbing is first recording something on track 1 and then recording something new (another instrument or different part, etc.) onto track 2.

you're probably right. I think I misunderstood the definition of overdubbing in the manual. the manual only showed how to record on track 1 while overdubbing was showing how to record on the other tracks and it went on to explain how there is only "1 head for recording" or something like that. so yes I'm just trying to record a second track if anyone can shed some light on that.

Alright.... Its been awhile, but here's what I remember.... Channel 1 Pan hard left, Channel 2 pan hard right. Put the Channel 2 INPUT to Mic/Line, all the rest to off. Put the record function on SYNC, and set the BUSS L to safe the Buss R to track 2. Your Record ought to flash. Then you just record. Channel 1 should not be recorded over.

If you are still having problems later on I can dig out my old 244 and take some pics and show you

Back