Tascam 244 into Zoom H4n

Dannb

Hello all,

I appreciate the help with my 244 - I'm loving it.

Just wondering if there is a way I can sync my Tascam 244 with my Zoom H4n.

I want to record straight to tape but I would also like to output it to digital for versatility/options sake.

Is this possible with the multi-track setting on my handheld?

Thanks!

Hi there. Can you clarify what you mean by "sync"?

What, procedurally, are you wanting to accomplish?

Hi Sweetbeats,

Can I record to tape and get that digitally recorded simultaneously?

Or alternatively, can I transfer the individual tracks to Zoom or computer to mix digitally?

Does that make sense?

Thanks

You can record to tape, but transferring to the Zoom simultaneously will require you to transfer two of the tracks via the H4n's onboard condenser mics. Not ideal. That would be using the "4CH" mode. If you use the "MTR" mode you can dump tracks two at a time, but I'm not sure how much trouble you'll have trying to get those pairs of tracks to line up in the H4n, or if that's even possible (not sure what the H4n's features include with regard to editing tracks).

You can certainly dump to a computer-based DAW, but you would need an audio interface with at least 4 simultaneous inputs.

You can record to tape, but transferring to the Zoom simultaneously will require you to transfer two of the tracks via the H4n's onboard condenser mics. Not ideal. That would be using the "4CH" mode. If you use the "MTR" mode you can dump tracks two at a time, but I'm not sure how much trouble you'll have trying to get those pairs of tracks to line up in the H4n, or if that's even possible (not sure what the H4n's features include with regard to editing tracks).

You can certainly dump to a computer-based DAW, but you would need an audio interface with at least 4 simultaneous inputs.

How would I go about dumping two at a time into the Zoom? What cable would I need to send out from the 244 into the handheld?

Sorry about the novice questions.

You need two male RCA to male unbalanced 1/4" TS cables. The RCA plugs connect to the 244 TAPE OUT jacks, and the other end goes to the combo jack inputs on the H4n. See page 6-1 on the H4n manual.

You need two male RCA to male unbalanced 1/4" TS cables. The RCA plugs connect to the 244 TAPE OUT jacks, and the other end goes to the combo jack inputs on the H4n. See page 6-1 on the H4n manual.

Thanks so much. You've been incredibly helpful!

Back