Tascam 244 to Computer back to the 244 in Stereo

Freddyk

Hey guys,

So i've figured how to send the tracks from my tascam 244 computer to mix and to an extent, back to the tascam but is there a way I can do it in stereo rather than a mono mix? I have a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 so I am just plugging in a 1/4 inch cable to the first channel of my tascam, which gives me a mono mixdown of my full track. Do I need a larger interface with outputs to successfully transfer my tracks from my computer to the tascam in stereo?

If you want to export all 4 to mix on the computer you'll need an interface with 4 inputs. You could mix in the 244 then export those two tracks via the RCA cables.

Actually, I remember answering this recently, and here it is:
Tascam 244 Tracks to Logic

Turns out it was your thread!

If you want to export all 4 to mix on the computer you'll need an interface with 4 inputs. You could mix in the 244 then export those two tracks via the RCA cables.

Actually, I remember answering this recently, and here it is:
Tascam 244 Tracks to Logic

Turns out it was your thread!
Cheers Nola for consistently helping me through my process with this machine! I've already exported the tracks and they are mixed on my DAW (as per your helpful reply on my last thread) but my issue is I would like to put the tracks back on to the tascam from my computer in stereo. Is that possible?

Oh okay. I have done that before...I think you run two 1/4" lineouts (from a stereo channel in the DAW) into two 1/4" line inputs on the 244. Thinking off the top of my head, so I'm not positive, but I think that's how you do that.

Oh okay. I have done that before...I think you run two 1/4" lineouts (from a stereo channel in the DAW) into two 1/4" line inputs on the 244. Thinking off the top of my head, so I'm not positive, but I think that's how you do that.
I tried that process. Still not able to hear the panning i've done on my DAW running out of my tascam. Weird. Must be missing something super obvious here :(

If you have already imported 4 tracks from the 244 into the daw, then mixed them in the daw, it should be easy.

Simply take your daw mix and run that as a stereo mix to your interface's outputs. Then you are bringing a stereo analog input back into your 244 on two channels.
I'm assuming on the 244 you have to pan the inputs hard right and left.

Back