Tascam 244 to Computer.

Thewildpalms

I have a Tascam four track cassette recorder. I figured how to dump a whole mixed stereo song to the computer, but now I want to try dumping all four individual tracks simultaneously so I have more options for mixing in Logic. The cassette machine has separate RCA outputs for each track. There's a picture of what it looks like. My recording interface has 1/4 inch inputs.

I want to make sure I buy the right kind of cables. Is this what I would need, four of them?

Hosa Unbalanced Interconnect Cable, 1/4" TS to RCA, 5', CPR-105

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
I have a Tascam four track cassette recorder. I figured how to dump a whole mixed stereo song to the computer, but now I want to try dumping all four individual tracks simultaneously so I have more options for mixing in Logic. The cassette machine has separate RCA outputs for each track. There's a picture of what it looks like. My recording interface has 1/4 inch inputs.

I want to make sure I buy the right kind of cables. Is this what I would need, four of them?

Hosa Unbalanced Interconnect Cable, 1/4" TS to RCA, 5', CPR-105

Yep, that'll do it. Have fun! :)

Thanks! I have a couple RCA cables that are the regular split ones with red and white ends. Can I use two pairs of those and four rca to quarter inch adapters instead?

The 244 is unbalanced out.

Your interface should accept balanced or unbalanced. You are doing very short cable runs, so you shouldnt need more than 3 feet, therefor unbalanced wont be an issue.

Oh, yr gonna have a blast!

The first time I put all 4 tracks into Logic and EQ'd them then mixed them the sound was what I'd been looking for for years. I then went out of Logic and back to cassette for the master. It's so cool.

My next thing is doing that with a 3340S TEAC reel to reel 4-track and seeing how that comes out. Inspiration my friend.

Back