TASCAM 122 Control Question

Gle

Banned
Hi guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've got a Tascam 122, original version, cassette deck and am trying to figure out what those little set screw looking controls (just above the input and output level dials and just below the vu meters), do???

I've read through the manual and nothing is stated about them. Even looking through the exploded view diagrams in the service manual don't document what they are or clearly show what if anything they connect to. :confused:

They seem to be present on their other models too like the 112 and the the 122 Mk III series decks as well.

Does anyone have some insight on these little beasties?

Glenn

Well at least I'm not a complete idiot. I did manage to take my 112 apart and give it new rubber. Lol
works fine now.

They are not screws. they are the pointers for the knobs bellow them, no function other than that.

Consider my mind blown! :D

That makes complete sense and it never even crossed my mind once that that's what their purpose is!

Thank you so much! This has been driving me nuts for years!

Glenn

LOL, its all good. The later MkIIs omitted them and just have a little white stripe of paint.

Yeah, I noticed that they disappeared on the MkII and I still couldn't make the connection in my mind. :(

I guess I over-thought it!

Thanks again for the fast and very helpful response. This place rocks!

Glenn

Back