Syncing Fostex 280 with Logic Pro

Skylarlear

Any ideas on if it is possible to sync a Fostex 280 to Logic Pro (or any other recording software, abelton ect)?

I was thinking that it would be cool to somehow sync the time counts together so that I could record 4 tracks, export channels 1-4 to logic seperately then record 4 more track onto the 280 and play back all in sync.

I guess I could try it by hand or do a clap or something but I feel like that could get messy.

I don't know. Tried to do it once with a Tascam 644 but couldn't get it to work in Reaper or Logic. I was using a shitty usb midi think though instead of two midi chords and my interface.

I never synced mine to anything. That was back before the DAW. Your best best would be to put a click track on the 280 and then find a way to sync the DAW to that. I think that was how they did it back in the days before MTC and whatever else came after. I don't know how to do it but I think it's possible.

It should certainly be possible to sync them. You'd need a time code generator, like a JLCooper PPS (1, 2, or 3). However, you'll have to use track 4 for the time code, so you'd only be able to record 3 tracks on the Fostex before bouncing them over to the CPU.

Back