So,... want to become a true-'analog' PRO? - start here!

In a very real sense, this is actually digital's earliest offerings. It was a richer history with not only data being represented in ones and zeros but all the other wonderful digits! :D

We've lost so much along the way it would seem. :(

Cheers! :)

The Ghost of FM said:
In a very real sense, this is actually digital's earliest offerings. It was a richer history with not only data being represented in ones and zeros but all the other wonderful digits! :D

We've lost so much along the way it would seem. :(

Cheers! :)
...hmmmm, this leads me to think then, that in a very real sense one can not step into PRO-world without losing Analog Purity or , say: Analog Virginity... ?
Once you cross the line - it's over... even with the gear like this? (see pic)
However! By arming yourself with right gear You still may successfully impress your unsophisticated client and lead him to believe in your true and pure analog intentions... ;)
:D :D :D

Attachments

• abacus.gif
    abacus.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 68
But, but, analog is digital!

You gotta remember that analog is digital....in the sense that every electron is a descrete "bit" of charge. Therefore analog is a high speed serial bit stream..... :D

you really want to boggle the mind??

electromagnetic tape and hard drives work upon the same mechanism. I'm surprised nobody has figured out how to store analog information on a hard drive yet.

FALKEN said:
you really want to boggle the mind??

electromagnetic tape and hard drives work upon the same mechanism. I'm surprised nobody has figured out how to store analog information on a hard drive yet.
Modern hard disks have magnetic properties optimised for digital signals. It probably wouldn't sound very nice.
I did mean to play with that idea though.. I was going to try and build a binson-style disk echoplexor. Went for cassette tape in the end, though (and then ditched it for a Copicat).

I worked at a Woolworth's during my senior year of high school, and we used that exact type of cash register! Ah, memories......

Muckelroy said:
So if analog cash registers are digital, and you use them to purchase cheese, is cheese analog?
NOW! This is pretty tough question... :D I gotta think about this one, not to say that I'll be able to come out with the answer... :o :p :o
But the first thought is this: cash registers are not to be used to purchase cheese but rather to commemorate the act (or fact) of selling it. :)

jpmorris said:
Modern hard disks have magnetic properties optimised for digital signals. It probably wouldn't sound very nice.
I did mean to play with that idea though.. I was going to try and build a binson-style disk echoplexor. Went for cassette tape in the end, though (and then ditched it for a Copicat).

Copicat link?

Back