Sansui WSX1

gbdweller

Structural Member
Anyone have the Sansui WSX1 six track cassette recorder? If so, do you have any idea why the mix-down deck won't allow me to eject the cassette? The head is stuck in the play/record position.:mad: I've gone digital but would like to use the Sansui as a simple sketch pad. It also makes a pretty decent 8 channel sub-mixer with a nice warm built in reverb.

A belt might be broken or fallen off from being too loose. The belt might be part of the control motor assembly which raises and lowers the heads in and out as part of the logic control of the mechanism.

Try opening the bottom of the unit and having a peek inside to see if anything looks amiss with regard to loose, fallen or broken belts. If you do find a bad belt in there, try turning some of the cog wheels to see if that releases the heads and then allowing the cassette to eject normally.

Good luck.

Cheers! :)

Hello from England, gbdweller. I have a Sansui wsx1, which a friend bought for me. I just can't work out how to use it and have no manual! I wonder if you have a manual for it? If so, I would be so grateful for a copy. Of course, I would pay any copying and mailing costs.

Thanks for any ideas.
Emma

Hi Emma,

I had a Sansui WSX1, and should have the manual around somewhere. Will have a look and see if I can find it.

Hi everyone, Newbie from Canada here.

I'm just getting started in home recording. I'll eventually be going with a computer-based set-up, but for now I'd like to resurrect my Sansui WSX-1 6-track recorder. This unit is in "brand new" condition, since it has virtually never been used. I loaned it to a friend to record a demo-tape, and unfortunately, the owners' manual was lost. I have zero experience with recording, nor equipment, and thought this may be a good way to get my feet wet. Anyone have any idea of how I can get my hands on a manual?

My needs are very simple at this point. I'll probably be recording 1 track at a time; acoustic guitar, then vocals. My budget is very limited, and I'll be acquiring components one at a time over the next year or so. I feel that I can evolve a basic set-up using this recorder. This would allow me to concentrate on getting a decent condenser mic and mic pre-amp, as well as monitors and headphones. Once I have a basic idea of how tracks, channels, and busses work, I can apply that knowledge to a computer-based system. I still have a considerable amount of research to do regarding digital recording.

Thank you,

Bob

WS-X1 User Manual

Hi everyone, Newbie from Canada here.

I'm just getting started in home recording. I'll eventually be going with a computer-based set-up, but for now I'd like to resurrect my Sansui WSX-1 6-track recorder. This unit is in "brand new" condition, since it has virtually never been used. I loaned it to a friend to record a demo-tape, and unfortunately, the owners' manual was lost. I have zero experience with recording, nor equipment, and thought this may be a good way to get my feet wet. Anyone have any idea of how I can get my hands on a manual?

My needs are very simple at this point. I'll probably be recording 1 track at a time; acoustic guitar, then vocals. My budget is very limited, and I'll be acquiring components one at a time over the next year or so. I feel that I can evolve a basic set-up using this recorder. This would allow me to concentrate on getting a decent condenser mic and mic pre-amp, as well as monitors and headphones. Once I have a basic idea of how tracks, channels, and busses work, I can apply that knowledge to a computer-based system. I still have a considerable amount of research to do regarding digital recording.

Thank you,

Bob
Hi Bob
Did you find the operating manual for the WS-X1. I found a site having it
Nets

it was noy a true six track, it was a double cassette whith one being 4 track and the other standard stereo.:p The idea was you could record your backing tracks on da 4 track and then master it along whith your beutiful voice or lovely guitar onto sterweo master tape.:p When dis was done then you putt it in special padded envelope and send to man at wadio station he would then play that tape on his program.:p

I have a scanned copy of the manual if anyone is still interested. By the way, "Deck A" is a true 6 channel/6 track deck.

Yeah,...

I have a scanned copy of the manual if anyone is still interested. By the way, "Deck A" is a true 6 channel/6 track deck.

Would you post that on a public download board or shoot it to me on PM? I'd surely like to see the manual, though I don't own one. Thanx much!:eek:;)

/DA

I have a scanned copy of the Sansui WSX-1 track sheet, if anyone is interested.
Just drop me a line and i'll email it.

Basically you manually record instrument and other info on the sheet for reference.
I'll send you a copy. Seeing it will be so much easier than me trying to describe it.

Hi,

I just joined this forum. I have a Sansui WS-X1 and no manual. I'd love to get the scanned copy you mentioned, if possible. Can you send it to me?

Thanks,

Wally

Hi
I have a Sansui WSX1 sitting here doing absolutely nothing.
If anyone wants it, send me a PM with your offer.
Sorry, I have no manual.

GypsyDriver

Boy you just mention Sansui and all these sansui owners come out of the woodwork...And all with no manuals...:D

WS-X1 Wanted

Hi all

have hours of mastertapes that I would love to remix. I have lost many of the original mixdowns and haven't heard some of these recordings in almost 12years.

If anyone has a working WSX1 that is just collecting dust, I am willing to pay cash or make a trade.

Please email: emkay93@hotmail.com

I am in the Montreal area and don"t mind travelling a bit.

thanks

Back