Rola 77 mk III

arjoll

This is a long shot...but does anyone have any service information on the Rola 77 mk III reel to reel?

The Rola is a pro Australian deck, manufactured from the 60's to early 70's, which was used extensively in broadcasting. A couple of steps up from the Ferrograph. I've just picked up one today which was destined for the tip from a guy I bought my third (!) Ferrograph from.

The spool control has been pinched and it looks like parts of the amp have been butchered, so I'm just trying to work out if its worth repairing.

umm....

Not a common machine in uk so as for parts it is going to be VERY hard to track down parts for that machine

In fact i dont think i have even heard of that maker before.

Your best bet is to get a Revox machine.

A Company in Germany is still making parts for the A77 B77 and PR99
Which makes getting parts easy.
As far as i am concerned Revox are the most practical machines to get hold of.

About the machine you have

To get the parts you need judgeing by what you said was missing could cost you more than the machine would be worth so what you would be better doing is deciding wether it would be practical financially in restoring a machine with as many missing parts as that.

Keith

Last edited:
I have the service manual, including circuit diagrams. They may be helpful. It's worth the work, the sound of the amp used as a preamp in recording is magical, sparkling harmonics.:D

Attachments

• Rola 77 Mk III Service Manual.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 21
Back