Revox B77 slow FF

My Name

Hi all,

I have a Revox B77 that is struggling to FF. This doesn't seem to happen straight off the bat, but after the machine has been on for a while. Firther investigation has revieled that insead of going into FF mode, it goes into play mode but without the pinch roller being engaged. To clarify, when in play mode, the reels will move in oposite directions, ie. right reel Anti-clockwise, left reel clockwise, and the and the pinch roller pulls the tape in the correct direction.

Also when the machine is left on for a while the reels will start to spin on their own???

Does anyone have any expeirience with this problem??

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what may be causing the problem??

My electronic knowlage in limited to being able to replace components and testing caps and transistors (when not in connected)

I have schematics to use as reference, and I'm VERY skint so a proffesional tech is not an option at the mo.

Thanks in advance

My Name said:
I have a Revox B77 that is struggling to FF. This doesn't seem to happen straight off the bat, but after the machine has been on for a while. Firther investigation has revieled that insead of going into FF mode, it goes into play mode but without the pinch roller being engaged. To clarify, when in play mode, the reels will move in oposite directions, ie. right reel Anti-clockwise, left reel clockwise, and the and the pinch roller pulls the tape in the correct direction.
I'm not familiar with the guts of this model (although I have used a couple), but check to see if anything's getting hot in there. If its ok when first on but gradually goes west you're probably looking at something warming up. Check the transistors and caps first.

It does seem to be getting warm in there but i'm not sure if these puppies are supposed to get to that kind of temp.

I'm not sure which boards i should be checking (transport, playback/record, etc.). I'm thinking there will be a faulty cap, but were talking a shit-load of caps in there.

Can anyone point me in the right derection.

(I think the wife is gonna go apeshit if I start pulling the thing appart AGAIN and it still not working properly afterwards :o )

Thanks for your help arjoll

Back