a reel sony question

melonman

i have a reel to reel sony tape recorder, and i want to record my band with it. my question is "what type of mixer should i use to hook up to it, so i can be able to do the mix straight on to the 7'' tape, and can i use my tascam 4-track to record straight to the reel deck? this isn't working when i use the aux sends, and i don't even know if its' possible.

please help!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

melonman said:
i have a reel to reel sony tape recorder, and i want to record my band with it. my question is "what type of mixer should i use to hook up to it, so i can be able to do the mix straight on to the 7'' tape, and can i use my tascam 4-track to record straight to the reel deck? this isn't working when i use the aux sends, and i don't even know if its' possible.

please help!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Normally use right and left program out or buss out from the Tascam into the right and left RCA inputs of the Sony.

what model tascam 4-track? What model Sony Reel?

-Tim

the sony

its' model number is tc-630 d three head solid state reel to reel. the tascam is a 424 portastudio. i got the four track to work fine with the sony. can i use a powered mixer to mix the the tracks as they go straight to the 7'' tape? :confused:

Back