"Recording the Beatles book"

j.harv

@#$%
Hey everyone Im new to the Home recording site and I think it's great!!! Very helpful.I was just wondering if anyone has heard about this book "Recording the Beatles".Not the "Recording Sessions" book.
I ordered it last week and cant wait to get it.It's been out for a couple years now.It's 500 pages,comes with a poster of the REDD console and comes packaged in a box that looks like a tape reel box.It has desciptions and pictures of every piece of gear they used and recording techniques too.
Does anybody out there have this book.Im running to my mail box eveyday after work.Cant wait to see all the old analog stuff.
Cheers.
Jason.

Nice!

I would love to have that book, but it's in my budget at the moment; lucky you! Looks great. Just curious, where did you order it?

I just googled "recording the Beatles" and it took me right to the site where the book can be ordered.Yeah,$100 is quite a bit but I had some surplus $$
so I dove right in.

I have it. Worth every penny. :)

I agree 100%! It's a masterpiece. The depth of research is amazing and the photos are just incredible.
Apart from Recording the Beatles my other fav books related to sound recording are:
The Audio Cyclopedia by Howard M Tremaine
Practical Techniques for the Recording Engineer by Sherman Keene (the early edition, with analog stuff intact)
Studio Recording Procedures by Mike Shea
and
The Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook

I have alot of books on that crowd and since about 2005, this is one I've wanted to add to my library. But $100 I just don't have. However, this vulture is a patient bird........and one day it will turn up on ebay or Amazon or some site, cheap-ish.

THEN WILL I POUNCE ! !

Because of this thread I just ordered one, thanks guys, now I have no money! A friend who has a studio in town has it, during a 3 day session I looled through it pretty extensively and I though it was pretty amazing, gotta have my own.

Just got it in the mail yesterday.THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!!
Everything from Abbey roads floor plans to all the custom made EMI gear.
Gonna read every page of this one!

I have it right here. Big book. Cost me an arm and a leg to ship it here. It's only money. I'm lucky I could buy it. Some people can't even buy a comic I suppose.

Back