A question that has never been asked before ...

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
This is actually a serious question and not a joke and has to do with a TASCAM 388 ....

Is there a way to partially and safely disassemble the unit so that it could be more easily transported ?

Thanks! :)

~Daniel

do you mean to take it a part (or blocks) and box/pack for shipping/or transportation. or do you mean to permanently separate, let's say recorder and mixer?
I'd imagin in either case there will not be simple ways of doing it...

well, what do I know... I never had it on my palm :D

/respects

I just took one apart and I would say No way. It is not something I would ever want to do again.

If you ever have to transport it and especially if you plan on moving it often, invest in a road-case for it. I would bet there are a few on the market designed for mixers that would fit it pretty well. A good sturdy hand-truck would also make things easier on your back then attempting to carry it.

Cheers! :)

Dr ZEE: I meant to take appart for shipping/transportation. Too bad the mixer and recorder can't be cleanly seperated. That would approx HALF the weight and make it easier to transport.

Herm: You've actually had to take it appart for parts so you have first hand experience of how difficult it'd be. Thanks.

Ghost: Where would one obtain a road case ? Yeah, a hand-truck would be nice especially when I learned a lesson never to attempt to pick up the 388 by myself. My back's still giving me probs and so does my knee when I attempted to flip the unit over to check the inside belt. My .. what pains one has to go through with gear! :D

Thanks again guys!

Daniel :)

cjacek said:
Ghost: Where would one obtain a road case ? Yeah, a hand-truck would be nice...

Daniel :)
Maybe here?

http://www.music123.com/Road-Ready-RRMG32-i133475.music?source=bizrate

I don't know the dimensions of the Studio8 but as long as you find something big enough or slightly bigger that can be customized with additional padding, you should be good to go.

Perhaps Long & McQuade or Steve's or some other local shop has something on display to actually look at and see the build quality?

Cheers! :)

Road cases

Proel do a range of road cases at pretty reasonable prices. The range goes from ABS ones I wouldn't trust for anything important to some pretty hefty marine ply ones. Not sure what availability of Proel is like in Canada though.

Back