quantegy-online purchase

AllenM

I just ordered a roll of 1" 406 Quantegy tape from Quantegy-online.com. After a couple of business days I checked the status of my order which has not been updated. I contacted their sales e-mail and I received an error message stating the e-mail box was full. I also contacted Peter Hutt and have not received a reply. Has anyone had a problem ordering from their website?

Yes, what everyone else said. Quantegy does not exist in practical terms. The website is only a front with no substance. Do not do business through that site!

yeah, like month ago i put an order for 406 1" too. I had to file a paypal dispute and got my money back. They never even replied to the paypal dispute, so that site is a ghost for sure. About 4 months ago i exchanged some emails with peter hutt about new GP9 in partnership with ATR and at the time he mentioned to me that there were still about ~100 rolls of 1" 406 available (NOS) and that i could order through his site. I didn't order back then but when i did a month ago nothing happened as well. Who knows what's going on with Peter Hutt, i doubt he sold the 100 role of 1" 406 in 4 months, they must still exist somewhere.

Likewise. Ordered tape. Never shipped. Paypal dispute and got refund. I don't understand how Paypal allows them to continue using their service after so many disputes.

Hey guys,

Really sorry for the thread bump, but I thought this could help people out if they were unable to get their money back successfully via paypal dispute. I bought a reel in November last year and have finally just received my refund after contacting Peter Hutt over four months ago. It was not easy. Basically you will need to contact him at his current place of work (SAP - he is a Senior Account Executive at their Perth office)

Story below:
Quantegy Online Defunct/Not Shipping Tape - Gearslutz.com

Hey guys,

Really sorry for the thread bump, but I thought this could help people out if they were unable to get their money back successfully via paypal dispute. I bought a reel in November last year and have finally just received my refund after contacting Peter Hutt over four months ago. It was not easy. Basically you will need to contact him at his current place of work (SAP - he is a Senior Account Executive at their Perth office)

Story below:
Quantegy Online Defunct/Not Shipping Tape - Gearslutz.com

Yeah, we know, but thanks for sharing your story. Me and a few others here have been sounding the alarm about Hutt not too long after he took the helm. Our sigh of relief after Quantegy looked like it was coming back was short-lived. Peter Hutt is an arse! But the powers that be (were) at Quantegy before the 2005 closure were also arses to their customers and employees for locking the gates and shutting down without warning. Quantegy has been more secretive than North Korea for about 10 years now. As I stated above, Quantegy exists as a trademark only and does nothing... makes nothing.

Hutt dropped the ball. He was in over his head, but by the time he was finally willing to let someone else give it try, no wanted to. Quantegy was wounded in 2005 and Hutt finished it off.

Sounds fukd - I wish I'd done more research beforehand, as I'm not really familiar with the goings on of tape manufacturers - but yeah, the crux of my story was the specific process by which to get your refund if you've been ripped off by Peter.

Back