Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Cool, sounds good, but perhaps you should post this in the mp3 mixing clinic. This forum is for analog recording (i.e., to tape).

Here's something different and strange:

The snake-oil salesman's pitch during the intro uses samples from the Optigan, a bizarre keyboard that played back audio loops from optical disks. The mandolin theme for the mob Boss was taken from a prototype disk which is probably why the noise floor is appalling for that track.

For the final version I'm going to have to rerecord at least some of the bass because the tuning seems to be slightly off. Otherwise I think it turned out pretty well.
Bass and vocals recorded on a TASCAM TSR-8 before being bounced to an Otari MX-80. Mixing was done to 1/4" using an Studer A807 and two edits were made - one to adjust the gap between the intro and the main song, and the other to replace the ending after I fluffed the mix first time around.
Anyone curious about the Optigan might find this interesting: Optigan.com >> Home

Slow Season - Westing by RidingEasy Records - Listen to music

This album came out a year ago. Our previous two albums were done on a Tascam 388, this one being our first on 16 track with the acquisition of two Tascam MS16's. It was recorded and mixed through a yamaha RM800, 24x8x2. It was mixed from the 1" to a Tascam 32.

For our next outing I got an Otari MTR-10 to mix to, and a Soundcraft Ghost32 to mix with. Very excited.

Last edited:

This album came out a year ago. Our previous two albums were done on a Tascam 388, this one being our first on 16 track with the acquisition of two Tascam MS16's. It was recorded and mixed through a yamaha RM800, 24x8x2. It was mixed from the 1" to a Tascam 32.

For our next outing I got an Otari MTR-10 to mix to, and a Soundcraft Ghost32 to mix with. Very excited.

Killer stuff!!! Right up my alley. Nice work

Very good stuff indeed. Dig the music - and brilliant sound on the toms. Somehow reminds me of Foghat, Black Sabbath and some of those heroin fuelled 90's bands as Electric Wizard.

Can I find it in WAV/FLAC or at least 320 MP3 somewhere?

hey everyone, my band has a new ep out. was recorded on my tascam 58 (and parts of it on my teac 2340) would be happy to share more recording details if anyones interested. cheers! Possum 'Electric Pickle' (EP stream)
Hey! you guys are playing ottawa on friday right? I'll be there, I'd love to talk analog recording, your stuff sounds really impressive!

Hey guys!

I'm from the Netherlands and my album just came out a few days ago and everything was recorded in my bedroom on an 8 track cassette recorder. Before you say anything about shitty sound quality with cassette multitracks, listen to the songs. I think they sound SO good for cassette. Everything was recorded with just one Sm-57 into a compressor and cheap mixer before going to the cassette multitrack. I'm just going to share the whole album but if I had to choose one song to listen to, you should check out "Alone".

Thanks for listening and tell me what you think about it :)

Here's the link Spotify Web Player - I Am Leaving Today - Thoughts of Alexander

I also have a full gear list if anyone wants to know

My band had just expanded from a duo to a quartet with a permanent backing singer and a drummer. Which means I can focus on playing guitar and recording which suits me fine :-) The a-side are a bit of a class war song and the b-side is our first cover. We fucking love soul music.

As always recorded on our Fostex G16, mixed on a DDA Q (and using its internal preamps), spring reverb on a Korg GR-1 and a Yamaha EM300, tape echo from a Dynacord and an old Akai.

We used a 60's Sennheiser MD421 for the lead vocals as well as for drums, some guitars and some backing vocals. Besides that it's Neumann KMS5, Oktava MK-319, AKG D112, Beyer M201 TG and of course 57's.

All that money and you got no taste | Electric Scar

I'm listening to Alone right now and you're right, it does sound SO good for cassette! What type of organ are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey guys!

I'm from the Netherlands and my album just came out a few days ago and everything was recorded in my bedroom on an 8 track cassette recorder. Before you say anything about shitty sound quality with cassette multitracks, listen to the songs. I think they sound SO good for cassette. Everything was recorded with just one Sm-57 into a compressor and cheap mixer before going to the cassette multitrack. I'm just going to share the whole album but if I had to choose one song to listen to, you should check out "Alone".

Thanks for listening and tell me what you think about it :)

Here's the link Spotify Web Player - I Am Leaving Today - Thoughts of Alexander

I also have a full gear list if anyone wants to know
This sounds great! Really nice stuff. Where can I buy the album?

My band had just expanded from a

duo to a quartet with a permanent backing singer and a drummer. Which means I can focus on playing guitar and recording which suits me fine :-) The a-side are a bit of a class war song and the b-side is our first cover. We fucking love soul music.

As always recorded on our Fostex G16, mixed on a DDA Q (and using its internal preamps), spring reverb on a Korg GR-1 and a Yamaha EM300, tape echo from a Dynacord and an old Akai.

We used a 60's Sennheiser MD421 for the lead vocals as well as for drums, some guitars and some backing vocals. Besides that it's Neumann KMS5, Oktava MK-319, AKG D112, Beyer M201 TG and of course 57's.

All that money and you got no taste | Electric Scar

Fun song, reminds me of Floyd a good bit. Guitars sound great!

Back