Post Your Analog Recordings Here...

Fast Food Parts I & II

Here's the last Lonely Few cassingle release for 2009; Fast Food Parts I & II. Hand made, normal speed dubbed off the master tape, lino cut, typewriter & stamper artwork, no computer anywhere and limited to twenty copies only. And each one with it's own particular set of, ah, distinguishing features (mistakes to you and me) as usual.

The tune is the same one that this thread was opened with (Fast Food Parts I & II). The cassettes hadn't been made at that point in time, now they are all done. :)

Case.jpg

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Cassette.jpg

But there is one more hand_art_sound cassette release to do yet. I haven't figured out the artwork or the art form for that one yet.

G

I'm uploading a few more songs to my soundclick page. I've got stuff recorded on Fostex A-8, Fostex x-15 cassette, Tascam 38, Teac 2340sx, Tascam 3440. Most of my songs were recorded as demo's as opposed to finalized recordings.

These here were recorded on the Fostex A-8

Everything's Fine http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8201050

Your Time Will Come http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8201051

Thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to taking a listen to them. I'm especially anxious to hear the demos you made on your 38.

Some real clear sounding tunes A Reel Person and SteveM. I'm really digging the sound. I really liked you version of Hendrix's Fire. Thanks so much for sharing these with us fellow analog freaks. Please pose more!

I've got more location stuff I would love to post, but I am concerned about copyright violations. :( I have a very nice version of "Wildfire" by Michael Murphy that I recorded for a local radio station that sponsored his appearance at a club in Minneapolis. The recording was to my 80-8 and was very good. I have another recording (if I can find it) of Edwin Hawkins doing "Oh Happy Day" with a 500 voice chior and about 1200 more people singing in the audience, also to the 80-8. Anyone know of a place where things can be posted with no download capability and password access to the files? If so I would post them for a couple of days and then delete them.

And now for something completely different. This is a jazz song recorded before I had my 80-8 (probably 1975 or so). All instruments were recorded live in the studio to 2 tracks on the Ampex 350-4 1/2" recorder. The vocals were them overdubbed to the remaining two tracks. Needless to say, the stereo spread was the biggest challenge, being that it was a live take. The piano player, singer, writer is Larry Loud. The female singer is the late Roberta Davis. If you listen closely you can hear some phasing things going on. This wasn't an effect. What you are hearing is the sound bouncing of a music stand (she was reading the words as she sang) and coming back to the microphone and combining with the original signal a very small fraction of a second later.... sort of an auto double tracking effect. Her vocal did a couple of clips through the song but it was decided to leave them (peg those analog needles). They made a 45 of this, but had to split it in two to fit with half the song on each side.

I'm probably just leaving this up for a couple of days, so listen fast. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=818206&songID=8206099

I don't know about the laws and all that but it's best to be on the safe side. I really liked the Jazz tune. She had a very nice voice.

Cool tune. I couldn't believe it when I didn't see the Velvet Underground in your list of influences! That's the first thing that popped into my head! :)

Good point famousbeagle! I didn't notice that before but listening to it again I know what you mean. I've never listened much to VU but I like them. That might be a way to go about it if I re-record it.

This was one of many demos I tried to redo on my "hi fidelity" digital gear when I got it but when I did it it always came out lacking the dynamics it had on tape.

I put a couple more on my Soundclick.

This one I recorded on my Tascam 38.. BUT I never finished it and the only version I have was this and was taken off a cassette tape. So there is a lot of hissss....
I sort of gave up working on it because it was going the way I wanted it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=794987&songID=8225333

I think you should finish this one. The song is real good and something that the radio might play on occasion. Light rock or easy listening stations.

I think you should finish this one. The song is real good and something that the radio might play on occasion. Light rock or easy listening stations.

Thanks Dodgeaspen. :) It started feeling redundant. I think I should get rid of the drums and change the bass line... and maybe some lyrics on the second half.

Even though it was off a cassette with all that hiss :o you can still hear the quality the 38 can produce.

Thanks Dodgeaspen. :) It started feeling redundant. I think I should get rid of the drums and change the bass line... and maybe some lyrics on the second half.

Even though it was off a cassette with all that hiss :o you can still hear the quality the 38 can produce.

Do you still have the tracks from the 38? I was unsure if the cassette was all that was left or you still have the reel but no player. I'll take another listen to it and see if I could be of some help. Maybe you'd get lucky enough and have someone else chime in that could throw out a good idea.

Do you still have the tracks from the 38? I was unsure if the cassette was all that was left or you still have the reel but no player. I'll take another listen to it and see if I could be of some help. Maybe you'd get lucky enough and have someone else chime in that could throw out a good idea.

I don't have the 38 anymore. I sold it last year. I would start it all over from scratch anyway.

Back