Paul McCartney...Live and Let Die question

Seeker of Rock

The One and Only
Listening to "live and Let Die", yes the real version, on Sunday night radio. After the "what does it matter to ya..." bridge, the ending line goes into "ya gotta give the other fella Hell......" Again just listening, but I heard something, or thought about something, I haven't heard or thought about before. The "Hell" seems to be a different take than the "you gotta give the other fella" line. It has never hit me before tonight, but one of my speakers is obstructed out on my deck, so I would guess it is either a quick pan from L or R, or maybe a punch in to get that note out. Why here? Don't think Paul did digital on that tune :D , plus I still dig all the guys here :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, sorry I've not posted lately, I know you guys miss my heartbreaking MSR stories, but I've been hanging out with my new digital friends on Prosoundweb.com learning about how awesome 1's and 0's are in recording quality :D :D :D :D :D I'm kidding, of course. Still prefer tape sound, but I'm using the HD24 as my recorder now. Actually, I didn't even get a chance to mess with anything this week. :( The HD24 in all honesty seems to sound good. It is not going to be like tape, preserve like tape, sound like tape, etc, but first goes through with the "drums", I think I will be happy with it, and I guess that is what matters for my situation anyway. I'm still going to hang out here as my "go to" place though because you guys are good company to be in' great knowledge, real when it comes to sound at the end of the day, and I like your user names to boot. :D

BAck to subject, any thoughts on the McCartney thing? Heard the song 'a million' times, actually got 'Live and Let Die' tattoed on my arm in '85 as my first violation of "treat your body as a temple". Just never really thought about that one particular line and how it happened. My guess would be a punch in, even though it is produced to sinously flow from the preceding "you've gotta give the other fella..." line.

Hows it going Seeker,

I never noticed that it was a different take but it make sense. My guess it was a punch in for dramatic effect because it shifts gears there. Could be an extra overdub too because I think theres other vocals there too. Good call.

I've been listening to another McCartneys cd lately. "Ram" has been in constant rotation in my car for the last month. One of my all time favorite records.

I need to look more into the "new" album as well. I know it has been out awhile, but never really gave it a fair shake I guess. Anyway, after all of the times I have listened to that song, it never hit me until tonight, and again that came from one of the speakers still audible but behind a obstruction, hearing through both but definitely sounded like something either panned differently during that note or maybe a punch-in. Always flowed seamlessly to me before, which is why I'm making such a ruckus of it. Always loved Wings recordings. :)

SteveMac said:
Hows it going Seeker,

I never noticed that it was a different take but it make sense. My guess it was a punch in for dramatic effect because it shifts gears there. Could be an extra overdub too because I think theres other vocals there too. Good call.

I've been listening to another McCartneys cd lately. "Ram" has been in constant rotation in my car for the last month. One of my all time favorite records.

RAM FOREVER proof that analog wins hands down.the treatment of those vocal harmonies throughout gives me hope

myparents said:
RAM FOREVER proof that analog wins hands down.the treatment of those vocal harmonies throughout gives me hope

:cool: I've been thinking the same thing. ".... how did they get that sound.....?"
It really is an amazing production for something that in a sense, seems so simple and raw.

Back