Opinions on this ebay item

Sorry things didn't work out but we did try to warn you and express our take on the seller's honesty.

Maybe you'll take our advice a bit more seriously the next time.

Ce la vie! :)

Cheers! :)

Sorry it didn't work out. It seems that the ability to return it was a deciding factor for taking a chance.
Good for that.

I'm back to my original suggestion.
Hold out for a clean tascam 1/2 unit.

All fostex prosumer portastudios and 8 tracks ive seen just look and feel like junk.

The tascam stuff is solid and ive gotten great results from all of it.

Deals can be had with patience and single mindedness.

I looked for about 6 months for an msr16. I passed a few by knowing the right situation would come up.

One day it did. A clean with less than 20 hrs use MSR 16 listed for 500 bucks.
The guy didnt want to deal .with ebay and shipping.

I drove 4 hours to pick it up, and actually got it for 3 Bills.
Score, right?
Well my luck is usually not that good.

The contributing factor was I knew exactly what I wanted, had a certain mileage radius I was willing to travel, I scoured Cl every day and then jumped on it.

One key I think is to decide what unit and condition you want and settle for nothing less.

May you find your ideal unit. With patience you'll find it.
Deals are out there.
:-)

Thanks y'all. Yes it is a precarious sea for sure when it comes to ATRs these days. At the moment, all the Tascam units I've seen are a good bit out of my price range, so I was willing to give the Fostex a try. We'll see what comes around though. I'm going to stash this refund and try to add to it when I can so I'll be ready to pull the trigger should a deal arise.

Back