New Wollensack Multi-tracker

acorec

Banned
The news release sent out today announces an 8 track 1" analog tape recorder from the newly resurrected Wolensack Tape Co.

It will retail for $1999 and be available sometime this summer.

Good News!

Yeah, here's a pic of it. 8 separate reels, one track per reel. Optional ninth track transport shown in promo photo. Even comes with three people to operate the system. Not bad for $1995.00

Attachments

• new8trk.gif
    new8trk.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 83
acorec said:
The news release sent out today announces an 8 track 1" analog tape recorder from the newly resurrected Wolensack Tape Co.

It will retail for $1999 and be available sometime this summer.

Good News!

board acorec? :D

acorec said:
Look at the date on the thread. Look familiar?

Yeah, it says "Yesterday." Beatles song -- I know :D

OH! You mean April 1st? Isn't that a special day? Lets see... May Day or something right? :D

Actually,you've misspelled the name of the recorder manufacturer.
The company is Swollensack,if I'm not mistaken.

OK, enough grab-ass.

What's the name of the manufacturer, and are they really selling an 8 track reel-to-reel for 2 grand? This thread has done nothing but confuze me from the start.

:confused:

Muckelroy said:
OK, enough grab-ass.

What's the name of the manufacturer, and are they really selling an 8 track reel-to-reel for 2 grand? This thread has done nothing but confuze me from the start.

:confused:

If true, a new 8 track 1" recorder for $2000 would be CHEAP as hell, especially that it would beat out all the TASCAM 38's that cost more when originally released! I'd get one asap!! Shit, a new 8 track, 1" open reel recorder for that much would be a bargain!

~Daniel

Hummm. Never heard of "STM" till now.

SO. 2" machines are still being made by STM.

Is Studer still making them? I saw it on their website, and I heard a rumor that they make about a dozen a year.

Any other obscure mystery companies making 2", or other multitrackers out there?

Studer does periodic runs of 24 trks. They just did a run of them that were priced at about 29 grand ea ..a great price for that particular machine. I'm thinking of grabbing one next time they run a similar deal because I just can't tell how long they plan to continue. I'd really like to own a new 2" Studer someday before I leave the planet. I asked the Studer guys at the Harmon Namm booth in January how often these runs were going to happen but they were a little vague about their plans.

Back