New to me MCI JH24 - stupid annoying problem

Well...depending on the availability and demand of the MCI cards, I can't say if that's a good deal for all three cards...but if it was my machine, I would buy them at that price.
They are invaluable for working on the deck, and with some machines, or some situations, they may be an absolute necessity just for being able to adjust something that is impossible to get at without the card. Not sure if that applies to you MCI model.

With the single card that is needed for my Otari MX-80...the second one that I bought last year, I paid $80...it was brand new, leftover in someone's stockpile.
I saw a third one also last year, where the guy was asking $120, but was also taking offers...but since I didn't go for it, I don't remember what it ended up selling for.

The first card I have came with the deck.

All right. Looked like what they had was the full set of three, so I went ahead and ordered it. I'm sure I'll end up needing them.

Good deal. If you own and maintain one of these machines, they are a necessity. You’ll find these machines require a lot of TLC, but fortunately they’re made in such a way that makes them easy to work on.

So, for those who haven't seen these, here is the set of MCI extenders I just received today. One is labeled for bias/record, one says repro, and the third says it's "control". I obviously don't know how to use them all yet, but I have seen where they're mentioned in the manual, so I imagine I'll figure it out when I need to know.

IMG_0157 by Sean Kerns, on Flickr

Back