my tascam, the story continues

kiira

hey ya'll,

hmmm well it seems like my channel strips are ok on my M512 because I can send mic or line in through them all and monitor off aux 1,2,3 or 4 but if I just use the MON mode switch alone i have no monitor signal on 2,6,7 or 8. So like that means it's something in the monitoring cicuit... either in the wiring for the circuit on each of those strips, the connectors or in the monitoring module itself I guess. next I'll try the outputs to all the channels and then I guess that will reveal all the problems, hopefully none. If it's just the monitor capability on those four channels I can prolly track it down. keeping my fingers crossed, and my eyes too... all those wires! :rolleyes:

A happy repair success story to give you inspiration!

One of my M312B mixers, (I have two of them), had an intermittent master stereo buss that was intermittent on the right channel and the previous owner, in an attempt to fix it, had the 100 mm faders changed and because the problem didn't show up all the time, he thought he solved the issue.

When I bought it off of him, it was working well for quite some time and then the issue showed up again!?

In frustration at the appearance of the problem, I rapped my knuckles against the top of the board close to where the power switch is on the top right corner and low and behold, hitting it, made the channel come right back! :D

It's the old story of how your dad used to whack the side of the TV to make it work and this turned out to be the same low tech solution.

Cheers! :)

Back