My New Deck

PHILANDDON

So,

I'm pretty excited about Fostex A2. The guy who sold it to me threw in two used reels of 1/4 tape. I was wondering if anyone can give me a link where I can get some new reels.

How important is it, anyway, to record on fresh tape? My recorder doesn't have an erase button, but when I record over stuff, the new recording sounds okay to my ear.

One other thing. When I use the machine for awhile there's a slight smell, almost like a slightly burning smell. Is that common? Should I be worried?

Thanks.

Hey I don't want to be a pest, but does anyone know where I can get quarter inch tape on 7inch reels?

Also, if you know, my machine can track at high and low speed. I'm guessing you get more fidelity with high speed, right?

you can get new tape at www.usrecordingmedia.com. that's where I buy mine.

for the most part 15 ips will be better quality but 7.5 ips will have a different eq curve that might work on some stuff.

if you want to erase a tape I believe you can demag it but I'm not sure on this.

I like fresh tape. it smells good.

anywayz you should not be getting a burning smell out of your machine. sounds like something might be cooking.

some more knowledgeable techie types might be able to tell you if the power supply needs to be recapped or whatnot.

Back