MRL 1" tape on eBay

Wish it was NAB. Yeah I know you can use the compensation charts, but it's nice not to have to hassle with a conversion.

Does look to be a good tape. The right one for the Otari MX-70 1", Tascam MS16, ATR60-16, etc.

Guys, it's over 30 years old. You don't know where it has been...

New single speed 4-frequency MRL tapes (my favorite configuration) from Precision Motor Works aren't much more than double the Buy It Now price.

Treat yourselves (and keep MRL healthy!).

Regards

David

.... from Precision Motor Works

They're closed until end of September...

"Precision Motor Works will be closing from June 19th, 2017 to September 22nd, 2017 for Summer R&R. During this period, repair services will not be available.

During this time, orders may be safely placed online but many will not be processed or shipped until operations resume in September."

...and it looks like they are getting closer to closing for good (at least their audio tape products/support).

The Future - A Brief Message

Also....the only 1" tape they sell on their website is $508.50...unless you're talking about something different.

Tech tools & Supplies

Last edited:
Hi Miroslav

Ah yes, he likes his long Summer break, he he!

The MRL tapes are at the bottom of this page:
MDI PrecisionMotorWorks - Products

I last purchased from him in December 2015 when I got a half inch and a one inch alignment tape. They were drop-shipped from MRL tapes, with 10% discount and no CA Sales Tax because the seller is out of state. Nice!

Yeah...but when you click on the CART button on that page, it takes you to another page, which is the one I linked to...and the price is $508.50 with their 10% discount for the 1" tape.

Just not seeing the $200-ish price you're alluding to for the 1", which would be half of their advertised discount price.
Where are you seeing that kind of price?
Heck, if they had prices that low at half the original prices...I would grab another 1/4" and 2" MRL set of tapes. :)

I've stopped using those 2-speed alignment tapes because the length of the key tones (1k and 10k) is too short to align a multitrack. The ones I was referring to are single speed 4 frequency tapes (1 minute each of 1k, 10k, 16k, 50Hz), and they are much cheaper.

Just email him (after his loooong break!) and he'll quote you. He mentions that option on the ordering page: "If there's a tape you need or want other than what's shown here, please contact us for savings!".

Back