Mixing down from digital to analogue

junk e-mail

Hey I'm kind of new to recording, but I found an old tascam two track reel to reel in my neighbors trash. Anyway i've been recording on my computer for a little while but obviously the sound isn't exactly warm like a vacation in mexico, it's more like a trip to the antarctic. I was wondering if it would make a difference in sound to mixdown from the computer to my mixer to the reel to reel? Do any of you do this, does it produce a warmer sound?

Hey I'm kind of new to recording, but I found an old tascam two track reel to reel in my neighbors trash. Anyway i've been recording on my computer for a little while but obviously the sound isn't exactly warm like a vacation in mexico, it's more like a trip to the antarctic. I was wondering if it would make a difference in sound to mixdown from the computer to my mixer to the reel to reel? Do any of you do this, does it produce a warmer sound?

.......... Yes!

:)

And I waited 4-1/2 years to answer after I saw it because I didn't want to step on anyone's toes by answering first. :)

I just hope it's in time. :cool:

You had nothing else to do and you started digging in 7 years old non-answered posts? :)

Heh, :D there's no such thing as an old post; just posts you haven't seen yet. :)

Seriously... usually I find these when googling for something else and they come up in search results. I noticed no one had answered it yet. :p

Hehehe usually happens to me, but I don't answer if it's over a year old :D
Also I like the fact that he waited those 7 years just to get 3 letters: "yes"
So anyway, going a little back to the topic, should I pass my mixes through my Tascam 414 MKII and then pass then again to digital to get a warmer sound? for some pseudo-mastering. :P

I've been recording my friend's band on a digital workstation. My friend also happens to be blind and has perfect pitch. We've been making rough mixes to cassette just for the conveniance of it at the end of the sessions and each time we listen back to the tape we both are saying "wow" because it sounds better on the tape than it does directly of the machine. :D It does seem to spread out the stereo mix.

Back