Manual Flanger/phase degree tape decks

walters

On some flangers/phaser processors there is a "Manual"
parameter/function to control the phase/time degree

How would this be done by using 2 or 3 tape decks with varispeed controls how would i get that "manual parameter/function" but using tape decks?

The Manual Parameter turns OFF the LFO circuit so there is
no sweeping but it gives a comb filter phase degree effect
how can i do this with tape decks and varispeeds?

Read the manual :rolleyes: parameter.

Or turn one tape deck up to fifteen, then the other to twelve. Leave the third at zero. Use EQ to get rid of the comb filter if you can, otherwise you may have phasing issues. What you really need to do is negate the degree. As far as the sweeping thing, you can use the comb filter on the bristles of the tape head, or use a broom stand which gives you more control over the speed of the third deck.

Kryptik said:
Read the manual :rolleyes: parameter.

Or turn one tape deck up to fifteen, then the other to twelve. Leave the third at zero. Use EQ to get rid of the comb filter if you can, otherwise you may have phasing issues. What you really need to do is negate the degree. As far as the sweeping thing, you can use the comb filter on the bristles of the tape head, or use a broom stand which gives you more control over the speed of the third deck.

I ran across this thread in a search. I'm laughing so hard I think I just peed my pants. :D

Back