M-308 blues

Pressing the 1-2-3-4 buttons is not enough to get a signal to the busses. You must also bring up the buss master faders to get a signal to those paths and concurrently to the meters. The channel strip in use must also be turned on via it's "CH ON" push button.

It sounds like you are in need of the manual and I strongly suggest you order one from TASCAM's parts department.

There are also a wealth of operational threads on the 300 series mixers on this bbs so do a search for those until the manual arrives as much of what you need to know has been documented here already.

Cheers! :)

EDAN said:
Ok, plugging a mic into each channel gets me a signal to the main stereo VU's, but I can't get anything to register on the channal meters?

I don't know if you've tried this already but did you put the channel strip you have your mike plugged into in stereo mode which is the last button under the 1-4 buss buttons and check the mike through your headphones?

The meters are assigned to either 1 or 5, 2/6, 3/7 & 4/8 by the buttons above the group of volume & pan knobs but you might have to assign the meters for how you're using the board by the strip of buttons on the right.

Steve, yes, checked via the headphones. It seems everything is working, but I have a long way to go. The manual is on it's way. I'll have more questions soon! don't fear!

Thanks to everyone for all the help with this.

Back