Looking for Teac 144 4-track

Why specifically the 144? The 244 I have has a better mixer section and I still would rather have the 246 myself

Ha, it's complicated!

Basically, I want fewer options and an older deck. I would take a 244 if one came up that was ideal.

I'm guessing your unit that was at TEAC didn't turn out too well? Mega-bummer. I saw some old Teac portstudios on our local craigslist a while back. Gone now. I'll keep my eye out for any more of them, and direct you to the listing asap. I can pick it up and ship it to you if needed as well. We got your back Donny.

A Reel Person had tons of cassette 4-track decks that he was looking to sell off, I don't know if he ever did or not but you might want to message him if he doesn't see this...?

I saw this thread.

I may have a 244 I could come up with, given a minute or 2.

I sold one last year & had one in mid-refurbishment last summer, (set aside & not finished), but I have more in boxes and bins that might be good candidates for you. I'd been refurbishing & calibrating the units pre-sale, so a lot goes into it, but that's just how I roll. The 244 I sold was moderately priced & worth every cent. It might take me a while to pull something together, tho.

I'd take a 244 over a 144, any day. 244 had DBX, stereo Aux, stereo Tape Cue, generous patch points & 2-band Sweepable EQ. Back in the day they called it parametric, but with time it proved only to be semi-parametric. The 244 is capable of making excellent recordings & holds up over time. There's something timeless about this gear.

The one sitting in mid-refurbishment I'd planned on keeping, but I have others that I could dig up & go through. Time frame is the only variable issue. Thanx.

:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• IM004568.JPG
    IM004568.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I'm guessing your unit that was at TEAC didn't turn out too well? Mega-bummer. I saw some old Teac portstudios on our local craigslist a while back. Gone now. I'll keep my eye out for any more of them, and direct you to the listing asap. I can pick it up and ship it to you if needed as well. We got your back Donny.

Hey, thanks for the support!

Yeh Teac still have the 144 but they said something about sending it back because of no parts available. I opted to wait awhile longer, but not sure how long that will be.

---------- Update ----------

I may have a 244 I could come up with, given a minute or 2.

I sold one last year & had one in mid-refurbishment last summer, (set aside & not finished), but I have more in boxes and bins that might be good candidates for you. I'd been refurbishing & calibrating the units pre-sale, so a lot goes into it, but that's just how I roll. The 244 I sold was moderately priced & worth every cent. It might take me a while to pull something together, tho.

I'd take a 244 over a 144, any day. 244 had DBX, stereo Aux, stereo Tape Cue, generous patch points & 2-band Sweepable EQ. Back in the day they called it parametric, but with time it proved only to be semi-parametric. The 244 is capable of making excellent recordings & holds up over time. There's something timeless about this gear.

The one sitting in mid-refurbishment I'd planned on keeping, but I have others that I could dig up & go through. Time frame is the only variable issue. Thanx.

Thanks! Yes, a 244 from you would be a good option ... the time frame would be would be an issue, as I'm looking to start recording again ASAP.

Closing soon:...

As-is, untested. Clean shape, probably belts or an easy fix. Maybe get lucky & it works 100%.

Tascam 244 | eBay

"Found in box in garage. Powers up when plugged in. I'm not sure if everything works on it. I have no idea how to work it. It's SOLD AS IS."

Attachments

• Tascam 244e.jpg
    Tascam 244e.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 60
Back