A little M-106 problem

bachelorb

Cowboy Chord Virtuoso
I am having some bleed over from channel 3 to channel 4 on the Tascam M-106. I've tried everything I can think of, panning channels 3/4. Rehooking up each channel directly to the tape player and I'm still getting bleedover. I'm looking for ideas of things to try.

Meanwhile, I have hooked up the M-08 and am now getting a true understanding of the Tascam 234's cue monitoring system Cory......

I have referenced previous posts where y'all have helped me in the past over and over. Very helpful since I am in February panic mode......

Thanks for your help in the past, and thanks in advance for here.

Brad

A lot of what I do with the 106 doesn't use the same buss for L&R. I will go normal with a bucket of synth inputs, but the interesting stuff gets buss separation and no panning or EQ on the 106

Any way you can define how much crosstalk you are getting? Does it exist at the direct outs? Does it exist at the insert jacks? Does it make any difference what busses the channels are assigned to? This doesn't occur with any other channels? You've ruled out possible cabling issues?

Its pretty substantial. I would say about 10% of the signal. I don't think cabling is the issue because I hooked up the M-08 with the same cables with no effect. I also tried it with and without the effects to see if that was bleeding over.

I can't answer any of the other questions yet. I know though that it is in the mixer because I ended up using the 234 as the mixer to finish the song.

It is puzzling to me

I think I figured out was going on, and maybe somebody can explain it. I use the condenser mic for the guitar. I ran through the guitar part, turned the mic to line (leaving it plugged in), then I taped vocals on a second channelwith a dynamic mic.

With the condenser plugged in I was getting crosstalk no matter what I did ( even turning off phantom power, turning the trim all the way down etc.....). As soon as I unplugged the condenser all the crosstalk went away.

Am I always supposed to disconnect the condenser when I'm not using it?

So the condenser is plugged into which jack of which channel?

Can you also describe in detail the make/model of the mic, what you are using for phantom power, and the cabling in between the phantom power supply and the mixer?

Back