Isolate top and bottom row of Tascam PB 32H

I did mine many years ago, if I remember right I de-soldered a solder link on the circuit board of each channel.

This really confusing manual may help.

EDIT ops sorry, I just realised you linked the same crap manual, I think I just worked out which link to cut with a meter, by the way rotating the inputs does not work on a Tascam patch bay, they were not that clever.

Alan.

I believe that what the OP wants is to have the top row in front out back (or vice versa) and the same in the bottom row, without any connection between the top and bottom rows. This is how I set mine up, but it was a long time ago. It can be done you just need to work out which solder joint to take out. If I remember right it was pretty obvious looking at the circuit board, and then I checked with a meter that there was no connection.

Alan.

Rotating the modules DOES work! Says so in that damn manual. Unless a previous owner went and soldered everything together. You turn the modules around, plug all your shit in the back. Those plugs lift the switches and nothing is normalled anymore.

Rotating the modules DOES work! Says so in that damn manual. Unless a previous owner went and soldered everything together. You turn the modules around, plug all your shit in the back. Those plugs lift the switches and nothing is normalled anymore.

The manual is for several models, the one tha op has is jacks one end and rca the other, so turning it round will give you something you may not want.

Oh! Well...What good is it then? ;)

The manual or the patch bay?

The patch bay however is very usable, and as I said before it is very easy to work out which solder joint to break to get totally independent top and bottom rows.

The manual is one of the worst I have read, actually it isn't but it's bad.

Alan.

Id like to have the top row isolated from the bottom row. (non normaled, not half normaled).
Basically I want to use the device to connect my mixer group outputs(rca) and direct outputs (rca) so I can easily patch things out from there. I need them to be isolated so I can use the top row for direct outs and bottom row for group outs.

Internally the PB-32H consists of eight two channel modules.

To isolate the connections you need to cut the copper track on each of the module PCB's that link the two ¼" jack sockets, (see circuit diagram pic below).

PB-32H Internal Circuit Isolation.jpg

Back