ISO a 8 track tape machine to dump old tracks into Pro Tools - Michigan area

johnny0110

My brothers band recorder a few songs back in the early 80's on a half inch 8 track tape machine and I want t dump them off into Pro Tools. Anyone know where I can rent one????

Im in the Detroit, MI area.

You'll probably have better luck finding someone to do the transfer for you...than you will finding a place to rent a deck from.

Just Google "audio tape transfer service"....or something like that.

There might be a couple of guys here that have 1/2" 8-tracks that might do it for you.

1/2" 8 track transfers

You'll probably have better luck finding someone to do the transfer for you...than you will finding a place to rent a deck from.

Just Google "audio tape transfer service"....or something like that.

There might be a couple of guys here that have 1/2" 8-tracks that might do it for you.

If you do find someone to rent a machine from, make sure the heads are in good condition and that the machine has had a recent repro alignment.

Also, make sure that dbx noise reduction is included in the rental. If the tapes were recorded with it, then they will be unlistenable unless decoded during playback.

Also consider my company Analog to digital tape transfers | Transfer analog reel tapes to digital to do the transfer for you. It might even work out cheaper than renting.

Regards

David Ollard
Thin Brown Line

David,

Good to know. And you're in the LA area.
I don't think you're allowed to pitch your services on the forum. But, you ARE allowed to put your website link in your signature block.
:D
I took note for possible future use. :)

Back