i need a simple recording software

Although it's an Analog forum I'll still answer.

I have a full analog facility here and SOMETIMES I'll master it in my computer. Now, what kind of computer do you have?

I run both Mac and PC here so I'll address both operating systems.

For PC I have 'My Sound Studio' but it runs about $600.
--As far as a free one I haven't found anything good. Go to http://www.downloads.com and you might find something free but I wouldn't recommend it. Do a trial of software and see if you actually like it first.

For Mac you might go to a Newsgroup and find a pirated copy of something if you asked for it but that's not legal...not to say it hasn't been done by me...or has it?
--Bias Peak is the best I've used for Mac. You'll have to spend a bit more beyond Peak to get Waves plug ins but it's well worth it. You can download a trial version of Peak from their site if you want to check it out.

So to sum up:

You're not going to find a free program you're happy with but at least you can trail software for a good month before you decide what you like.

If anything else download ProTools FREE from their web site and use it for mastering. There is no trial period but you're limited to 8 tracks. Because you're using it for mastering it doesn't matter. It has Normalization and some compressors that aren't half bad.

Hopefully that helps you out.

--AdamLazlo

Back