I need jacks

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
Anybody have any or know where I could get some Teac/Tascam RCA jack assemblies as pictured below?

I need 'em for the M-___ mixer...the input channels use the 4-jack pods and 6-jack pods together to make the 10 jacks. Need a couple of each of the 4 and 6 jack assemblies to replace kabusted jacks...don't care about the PCB's because I'm just going to desolder the jacks and retrofit 'em so they don't need to match, but...anybody?

Oh! I like cheap stuff to...:D If you contribute to the project I'll include your name in the list of contributors. :eek::D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Attachments

• jacks.jpg
    jacks.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54
Tex, thanks for the reply...22-4 I/O jacks...I dunno. :confused: Any way you can put up a pic?

Are they in groups of 4?

This is one assembly, prolly have 3-4 more parted out decks with the same.

Attachments

• DSCF0213.jpg
    DSCF0213.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0214.jpg
    DSCF0214.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 45
Bummer...

I don't think I can make that work, Texas...sorry, and thank you so much for taking a look and taking the time to put up the pics. That is really cool.

The jack pods need to be as so as looking at the jacks:

4-jack pod

OO
OO

6-jack pod

OO
OO
OO

Here is a pic of a channel module jack plate. You can see the configuration of the jacks...one screw holds the top pod of 4 jacks, and two screws hold the bottom pod of 6 jacks...

Attachments

• jack plate.jpg
    jack plate.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 45
I know there is a box in the shop with all kinds of different new parts,and if my memory is still correct, row of RCA sumwhere inside.
I'll be back :cool:

New photo needed

Hi Cory,

Post a photo of the solder side of those jacks. I'll take a look at Surplus Gizmos and see if the pinout footprint matches.

-Ethan

Will do. Thanks Ethan, and thank you Texas for digging and trying to find something. I don't take your time for granted (nor yours, Ethan ;))

i have bunch of 'single pair' (can "form a 4x4" together :) ) and 'tripple pair' blocks, these are modern days jacks. I've got them from eBay pretty cheap.
Hard to say if you could adapt them in your 'situation'. I can measure soething if you tell me what to measure :D
The thing is, that if they would fit the holes on the panel well but do not match pins/board , you can maybe mount them on the panel (with small screws) and then run short leads from jecks pins to the board. Again, hard to guess if this would work well.
picture:

Attachments

• rca_jacks.JPG
    rca_jacks.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 27
Dr Zee...cool, man. Thank you. Yeah, the RCA jacks on the older Tascam stuff are really hearty aren't they?

I'll get a picture up and do some measuring tonight for what I need.

Thank you all, fellas. ;)

Dr Zee...cool, man. ..;)
I've measured spaces between centers on Tascam 244 portastudio, no clue if this would be the same as what you have, but it does not look 'too cool' comparing to those "modern" rca jack-blocks. Nothing matches neither way ..heh heh , I mean - :mad: :(
Here's the picture, you'll get the idea:

Attachments

• rca_jacks_measured.jpg
    rca_jacks_measured.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 21
now I am looking at the jack plate picture that you've attached, and it actually kind of looks like you may be OK with those blocks. What exactly spaces between centers of the holes?

Here ya go, guys...

Sorry for the mix 'n' match on the dimensions (fractional and decimal...that's the way they mic'ed out). 0.600" is slightly more than 19/32", and 0.700" is slightly more than 11/16".

I know for certain these are the same jack clusters as are used on the M-500 series consoles.

Jack%20Layout.jpg

Thanks Dr Zee!!

I'd love to have the Teac units, but this gives me more than something to go on if I am unsuccessful in that ideal...thank you! ;)

Back