I have found Red Leader tape: 1/4" 1/2" 1"

Splicit

Still working out the details but I have found RED leader tape. It is made in Germany (not Zonal). Will be working out details of price and quantities and will let you know more later. Just thought I'd give you an update.

Teresa
Splicit Reel Audio Products
www.splicit.com

Cool?

'Can't remember... did you say you already have blue leader?

~Tim
:)

I may be interested in 1" if the quantities, etc., aren't too large. Actually that raises a question..............what is an accepted length of tape to use as a "leader"?

:cool:

Oh good. Now Beck has made me curious - White is for the head, red is for the tail, but what do blue and green leader mean?

Leader tapes

We do not currently have anything but white in the leader tape. That will all change soon. We have a new quality source for leader in 1/4, 1/2 and 1".
Colors will be white, red, blue, green. A lot of people use color coding on their tapes to keep things organized. Some use red for tails out blue, etc, etc. Pretty much a matter of preference. Is there a standard length for putting leader on a tape? Not really, unless you're making professional studio tapes. I've heard everything from 6' to 15' of leader being used. Here again, it's mostly personal preference.

Thanks, Teresa
Splicit Reel Audio Products
www.splicit.com

That's good to know.

I'll need some blue 1/4" and 1/2" soon.

Blue used to be tails out, but seeing as we're now fairly scattered and in exile, standards and culture are hard to maintain. ;)

Flangerhans said:
Whenever you get red 1/4" in, let me know. Does it come on 5'' reels?
If it's Zonal, it comes on 7" reels - but you only get a 5" reel's worth of tape :P

Back