I have acquired a 424mk3, and NAC has ceased making 771 cassettes...

lklk9110

I'm an 18 y.o. student who are running tight on budget. NAC once sold ten high biased cassettes for around 17 bucks, but now they ceased making them. I asked them when they will be available, and they are not sure about reviving them.

I'm now looking for alternatives, if I cannot find any other option I might have to sell my 424mk3...
Any alternatives for NAC 771 cassettes? Should I buy TDK SA on eBay? Their international shipping fee costs more than tape themselves :(

I'm afraid many of us just suck it up . I've not tried it, but there is some TDK SM-X20 on eBait

I have contacted NAC too and they responed that the 771 shoul'd be back in 3 4 weeks. That would be strange if they just decided to stop making it, since more and more people showing interest in cassette based recordings.

One of the employees told me that they ran out of the shells they used for their chrome tapes and would be doing it again once they had them again. If yr in S Korea, how do you get them to ship to you?

Anyways, if you can't wait or if by chance they don't come back, you should check out the Fuji brand tapes on eBay. Just as good as TDK and half the price (usually)

One of the employees told me that they ran out of the shells they used for their chrome tapes and would be doing it again once they had them again. If yr in S Korea, how do you get them to ship to you?

Anyways, if you can't wait or if by chance they don't come back, you should check out the Fuji brand tapes on eBay. Just as good as TDK and half the price (usually)

Well, there's a friend of mine who lives in LA :)

Anyway, Thanks for your help, guys!

Back