help with this old mixer

FALKEN

hey guys,

today's project was to bring this old art phantom mixer back to life. It had some crackly pots and switches which even made noise while they weren't being turned.

the design of the board is interesting in that I didn't have to take all the knobs off to get it opened. just a few screws and all of the faders had to come off and the whole face lifted off. took 5 minutes.

now; I've run into two issues.

1-there isn't anywhere visable to put the deoxit into the pan pots. they're little plastic things that look like joysticks. I might be able to open the slightest crack in the shaft but if I spray there the deoxit will most likely go all over the circuit board as well. help?

2-as I was pulling the faders off 2 broke. there is a slider, then a sort of shaft that comes out of the slider that the plastic piece sits on. the shafts broke off and it looks like there were little plastic pieces holding them there before which are now destroyed. the slider piece inside of the whole thing is plastic and the shaft is metal. I can get the shaft to where it stands on its own in the right place (it fits snug) but you couldn't move it it would just come apart. I was thinking superglue but I thought I'd ask first.

by the way this mixer was cheep so if I end up junking it then so be it but i'd rather not.

thanks for any help!!!!

Back